We all love pancakes, right? Whether you prefer making them on the stovetop or in the microwave, this article is serving up a creative new twist on the classic recipe that you won’t want to miss. I can’t promise they’ll be easy to make – not even sure they’re light enough for breakfast but there’s no denying it’s one ridiculously delicious pancake; and if you only need one calorie-packed dish this morning, here it is!
There’s nothing better than starting your day with a delicious, homemade breakfast. And these honey berry pancakes are the absolute best! Made with fresh berries and a hint of honey, they’re perfect for a special weekend breakfast or brunch.
To make the pancakes, you’ll need:
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-2 tablespoons sugar
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup milk
-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
-1/2 cup fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
To make the syrup, you’ll need:
-1/4 cup honey
-1/4 cup water
-1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the berries.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. For each pancake, spoon 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle or skillet. Cook for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- To make the syrup: In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the honey, water, and lemon juice to a boil;
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Fold in the berries. Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat and grease with butter or cooking spray. Scoop ¼ cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!
If you love pancakes and berries, then you’ll love this recipe for honey berry pancakes! Made with whole wheat flour, these pancakes are healthy and delicious. Top them with your favorite berries and a drizzle of honey for a perfect breakfast or brunch.
The Café Leftovers Bucket Charge
The leftovers from the café bucket charge can be used to make a delicious honey berry pancake recipe. This recipe is perfect for those mornings when you want something sweet and satisfying, but don’t have time to make a whole breakfast. The pancakes are fluffy and light, with a hint of sweetness from the honey. And the berries add a pop of color and flavor.
To make the pancakes, you will need:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
For the berries, you will need:
1 cup fresh or frozen berries (I used raspberries)
To make the pancake batter, simply whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl or measuring jug, whisk together the milk, oil, egg, and honey until well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the berries.
Tips for Making Delicious Honey Berry Pancakes
- Use fresh berries: If you use frozen berries, be sure to thaw them first and drain off any excess liquid. Otherwise, your pancakes will be soggy.
- Don’t overmix: Be careful not to overmix the batter or your pancakes will be tough. Just mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Use a hot griddle: A hot griddle is key for getting nice, fluffy pancakes that are cooked through but not burned on the outside.
- Grease the griddle: You’ll need to grease the griddle with butter or cooking spray before adding the batter or your pancakes will stick.
- Flip only once: When flipping your pancakes, be gentle and do it only once so they don’t tear. And wait until you see bubbles starting to form on the surface before flipping.
- Serve with syrup: These pancakes are lovely with just a touch of honey, but feel free to serve them with your favorite pancake syrup if you prefer
There you have it! Our absolute best-ever honey berry pancake recipe. These pancakes are light, fluffy and packed with flavor, making them the perfect breakfast or brunch treat. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!